Mushy, chewy, and loaded with chocolate, this giant-sized oatmeal chocolate chunk cookie will be revamped your campfire utilizing only a forged iron skillet!
Sponsored by Endangered Species Chocolate
If you’re trying to increase your tenting dessert menu, then it’s important to try this Campfire Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie. It has all the identical healthful nostalgia of a house baked oatmeal cookie, nevertheless it’s sharing-sized!
We developed this recipe in partnership with Endangered Species Chocolate, who despatched us a spread pack of their milk and darkish chocolate bars. We love utilizing entire chocolate bars (as an alternative of chips) when making cookies. We solely chop them up roughly, so we sometimes get chunks of melty chocolate. It additionally permits us to customise the flavour of the cookie. For this explicit recipe we used their Salted Peanut Darkish Chocolate bar, however lots of their taste varieties would work simply as effectively.
It took somewhat little bit of time to develop this recipe, however we had been blissful to discover a method to make this cookie with none speciality tools like a Dutch oven. All it is advisable take pleasure in a freshly baked campfire cookie is a forged iron skillet.
Should you like oatmeal cookies, then you definately’re going to like this recipe. Be careful s’mores, this one may turn into your new favourite tenting dessert custom!
Solid Iron Skillet: We used a 8” forged iron skillet, however a ten” would work as effectively. The cookie simply won’t lengthen all the best way out to the sting of the pan.
Parchment Paper: It is a essential part. Prevents the cookie from sticking to the forged iron and reduces the danger of baking the underside.
Aluminum Foil: Use this to cowl your skillet. You wish to entice as a lot warmth inside to be able to correctly cook dinner the highest of the cookie.
Suggestions for Making A Campfire Skillet Cookie
- Make the dough forward of time at house. The dough handles significantly better when it’s chilled, so there’s no benefit to making an attempt to make the dough on the campsite. Make it at house after which retailer it in your cooler inside a resealable container.
- Line your forged iron skillet with parchment paper. This step is essential. The parchment paper prevents the cookie from sticking to the forged iron and over cooking on the underside.
- Cowl your skillet with both a lid or aluminum foil. It will entice the ambient warmth and assist cook dinner the highest of your cookie.
- Cook dinner over low, oblique warmth. Elevate the grill grate up, transfer the embers to the aspect, do what it is advisable do to maintain the warmth low and whilst doable.
- The cookie is prepared when the perimeters begin to brown and the center begins to (however just isn’t absolutely) set.
- Enable the cookie to chill! We all know that is the toughest step to comply with. However the sugars want to chill down to be able to set. Utilizing the parchment paper, elevate the cookie out of the new skillet to hurry this course of up.
- 1 cup AP flour, 120 grams
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 massive egg
- 1 ½ rolled oats
- 1 bar Endangered Species Chocolate, chopped
- whipped cream, elective
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Combine the flour and baking soda in a small bowl and put aside.
Add the brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Briefly combine to include, then add the egg and beat till clean.
Add half the flour combination and blend till simply mixed, then add the remainder of the flour and blend till clean.
Add the rolled oats and blend till a sticky dough varieties.
Add the chopped chocolate and gently combine with a spoon till integrated into the dough.
Retailer the dough in an hermetic container in your cooler till you’re able to bake.
On the campsite, line a forged iron skillet with parchment paper. Add the dough and unfold it into a fair layer.
Cowl with foil, after which place over low oblique warmth in your campfire or grill. Bake for about half-hour till the perimeters begin to brown and the center begins to set.
Take away from the hearth, then elevate the cookie out of the skillet utilizing the perimeters of the parchment paper and let it cool.
Reduce into just a few items and luxuriate in with a dollop of whipped cream!
*Vitamin is an estimate based mostly on info offered by a third-party vitamin calculator